Duties of the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager
Administrative Assistant to the City Manager
- Provides administrative support to the City Manager by ensuring schedules, records control and office services, assisting the City Manager in the daily operational duties of the City.
- Prepares documents and legal notices for all formal bids for departmental purchases.
- Types correspondence and files information which is often confidential in nature.
- Prepares memorandum, reports and maintains records for governmental reports.
- Prepares purchase orders and maintains accurate records of appropriation expenditures for Executive Office; orders supplies for office and storeroom.
- Responds to telephone callers using knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communications and act as public relations liaison with several governmental agencies, community organizations, media outlets, and the general public
- Draft correspondence to a diverse constituency
- Develop directives for City administrators, elected officials, and other organizational entities
- Implement and administer employee safety programming and monitor adherence to OSHA policies and procedures
- Make scheduled public appearances to represent City interests
- Assisting Department Directors with all personnel issues
- Overseeing compliance with federal, state and local employment regulations
- Implementing training and development programs
- Implementing City personnel policies and procedures
- Assists City Manager with negotiating bargaining unit contracts