The Engineering Department is pleased that you are considering a project within the City of Portsmouth. Whether you are making minor repairs to your home or involved with a major new construction project, we understand that your hard work will enhance our city.
Our website has been developed to give you the basic information necessary for you to begin your project. Zoning information and some basic maps are offered by our (GIS) Division at www.sciotocountyengineer.org/oneview.
Our staff is available to offer information and guidance to see your project to a successful completion. If you have any questions concerning your project, please do not hesitate to call us at (740) 354-7557.
- Application For Commercial Plan Approval
- Application for Contractor Registration
- Application for Residential Permit
- Demolition Application
- Design and Review Board Application For Certificate of Appropriateness
- Request For A Vendor's License
- Codes - Chapter 11 - Planning and Zoning Codes
- Codes - Chapter 13 - Building Codes
- Codes - Chapter 13 - Plumbing Codes
- Codes - Chapter 13 - Housing Codes
- Codes - Chapter 13 - Air Pollution Codes